Wednesday 19 February 2014

The Soup Pot is Simmering

Everything is hush hush until my partner receives her soup. I can't wait to find out who my partner is so I can make the final decisions on what to include in her soup.  So many ideas dancing around in my head.

I can't show anything I've worked on for the BSBP, but I'm happy to say it's already helping me to grow and motivating me to expand my skill set.  I made a bunch of clasps tonight for the first time.  I quite like how most of them turned out, but plan on doing more so I have a good variety to choose from.  Tomorrow I plan on making some etched toggle clasps and torch painting copper hearts.  Lots of copper hearts.  I cut, sanded and textured them already and now they're ready to torch. I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

I read a blog last night from a past BSBP, that mentioned their blog partner was Szarka Carter and that sent me into a mini panic. What if I get Szarka?  She's like a goddess to me and owns the most wonderful online gem and mineral store. How could I possibly come up with a soup that might impress her...or challenge her for that matter? Ah well, I got over it quick enough and I think I'd welcome the challenge now.
Speaking of Szarka, she just got back from Tucson and has some beautiful new stock.  Too bad I'm so poor!
If you like beautiful stones and artisan jewelry, check her out .  That's where I'm headed now!

Szarka's store/ Magpie Gemstones


No comments:

Post a Comment